- DOpElib is a toolbox providing modularized highlevel algorithms
mainly based on the deal.II Finite Element Library.
- This enables researchers to implement only those moduls
that are specific to their problem while being able to reuse other
modules without further work.
- The modularized access to the algorithms allows to switch between
different algorithms for the same problem with little effort.
- Software toolkit to solve – stationary and non- stationary – PDE
problems as well as optimal control problems constrained by PDEs.
- User needs to provide only the problem specific data, like element integrals
and can use predefined modules for the solution
of stationary and nonstationary PDEs in 1d, 2d, and 3d using
a line-search Newton algorithm.
- Various time stepping schemes (based on finite differences),
such as forward Euler, backward Euler,
Crank-Nicolson, shifted Crank-Nicolson, and Fractional-Step-Θ scheme.
- Solution of optimization problems with PDE constraints with
built in line search and trust region newton algorithms.
In addition an interface to IPOPT and SNOPT is provided.
- Different spatial triangulations for control and state variables.
- All finite elements from deal.II including hp-support.
- Mesh adaptation.
- Goal-oriented error estimation.
- 28 examples to demonstrate the
capabilities of the library
- Several examples showing the solution of various PDEs including
Poisson, Elasticity, Plasticity, Navier-Stokes, and Fluid-Structure Interaction problems.
- Several examples showing how to solve various kinds of optimization problems
involving stationary and nonstationary PDE constraints.